Sunday, June 16, 2013

One of the fun things I get to do is in this business is decorate cakes with flowers. From weddings to birthdays, baptism cakes, to graduation cakes. A cake becomes a canvas on which color and texture is added. Flowers that don't shed work the best as you don't want tiny flowers and pollen scattered on something you are going to eat. I love getting the chance to decorate although many times the baker rather do it herself.  It's her creation and she wants to make sure it's the way her client wanted it to be.  But the florist feels the exact same way. How do we resolve this dilemma?  I make sure that all of us, especially the client is on the same page. And I think the client should make that decision.  So what ever it is, I respect them for it, but secretly hope that I get to do it again.
Wedding Cake decorated with red and orange Roses. Rich, Fall colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment